Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Vitriol

I hate hate freezers that keep ice cream too cold. It's gotten to the point where I don't really consider myself a lover of ice cream anymore, since it rarely excites me. The thing is that there's no good way to get the ice cream to the proper softness once the freezer has petrified it. You can pull it out halfway through dinner in hopes that it might melt a bit before dessert, but only the sides and top really melt, and too much at that. It's like a Hot Pocket in reverse—or inverse, or something. If you scoop it first (good luck!) and let it soften in the bowl you get the same problem. Microwaves don't cut it (scientists!), and I don't have time to let it sit in the fridge for however long it would take to get it nicely warmed.

Like I told Zach: if I'm going to ingest that many worthless calories and whatever else, I'd rather get the full experience, so it's a very occasional trip to Cold Stone for me. Worthless freezers!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

why you gotsta be hatin' so much these days, dr. g?

Noelle said...

I hear ya! Sounds like you need a new freezer.

Janssen said...

Mmm, Cold Stone. I worked at Cold Stone for three years in high school and I never got sick of the ice cream.