Saturday, December 8, 2007

On T-babes (for Zach)

The other night I was at home playing Yahtzee with my family. My sisters each wrote their name at the top of their card with the last name of some hot guy they, uh, admired (question: should it be "Mary Jones" or "Mary Lee Jones"?). Then Jen turned to me to see that I had not added a last name to my card. She asked, "Which girl do you think is hot?"

Let's not go into the ethics of this (neither the objectifying of women by declaring their babe-status on a Yahtzee score card nor the implications of taking a woman's last name); let's just say that we settled on the name "David Pfeiffer." But it got me thinking.1

It was in this frame of mind that I was walking through Target a few days later when I saw the largest collection of t-babes ever: the hair dye models. Zach-Attach, perhaps we should fall in love with Miss Blonded-by-the-Light or Ms. Spiced Cider. Or, if red is your thing, say hello to Madam Cinnaberry or Lady Auburnin' Hot.

   

As for me, I'll be known as "David Brown-to-be-Wild" in Yahtzee from now on.


1Okay, actually I have been thinking about it for awhile. Z-Glenn and I were quizzing A-money on the topic of t-babes just a few weeks ago with little success. And over a year ago I was in Europe wondering what it meant that Helen of Troy was the most beautiful woman in the world—is beauty in her case a mythological symbol, a Platonic form, or a cultural standard, a measurable unit?

2 comments:

The Shark said...

You know, I know a lot of guys who don't think Pfeiffer is all that hot. But you know what? I think she's still got it, especially when taking her age into consideration.

Anonymous said...

Pfeiffer's age doesn't need to be taken into consideration, the shark. It needs to be taken out to dinner, liquored up, and have an attempt made to steal its secrets. The woman is a stone cold t-babe for life and keeps getting better. I just wish her recent movies were as good as Blonded-by-the-Light.