Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How It All Turned Out

The results are in:

  1. I didn't get published today. But I didn't get rejected either.
  2. I did receive those books today, and there's more coming tomorrow.
  3. She got it; she loved it.
  4. Alright, I didn't register for motorcycling, but I'm going to. My sister already took the class and bought a bike, so I'm pretty much committed.
  5. I'd take a picture of my new camera, but I don't think it works that way.
  6. I didn't get any ice cream, but I'll tell you what I did get. One, there were free cookies in the office. Two, there was a huge spread of fruit and cheese and crackers in the room where I met Dean Ogles (also my stake president) to go over to his house. Three, there were hamburgers on jumbo buns at his house. Four, there was some dessert made of strawberries and whipped cream and cream cheese and crumbleys there too.
  7. Rain kept me off my bike all day, but I don't see how not exercising is a bad thing.
  8. Made it through the first round of working the system; tomorrow's the clincher.
  9. Dave didn't come home so I couldn't watch Jeopardy!, but I did watch last week's Office and now I only have to wait one day for the next one.
  10. Oh yes, I cut that kids hair. Exactly half of it. Pictures soon.

Bonus: Bought stuff for two consecutive barbecues, one tomorrow to celebrate the end of the intramural softball season, another on Friday for the J! Championship. Also, good hair day.

So now it's late and I'm about to jump into bed and I gotta ask myself, Was this day better than the dream? The answer: I don't know. I mean, it was a good day. But I didn't kiss my true love today. I didn't kiss anybody.

However.

The fact that I had a spectacular dream last night has made me excited to hop in bed right now. After all, tonight's another night—who knows who I might kiss? Who says both my days and my nights can't all be red-letter?

No comments: